Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Is It Tuesday Already

 I usually leave the writing stuff to the end, but I've been up to my armpits in it. My editor is kindly pointing out where I've had people come out of a room twice in the same paragraph. Fifitr - the lovely Three Furies Press have two editorial processes. The first is development, which is the the whole, 'are you sure you meant to write that' phase which I am now starting to see the end of. The next phase is line editing where some poor soul will have to deal with my punctuation. I have to agree all the changes, though, and I worry that I get things wrong. 

Today has been warm so we just had wraps for dinner. I had a quick walk this morning, with some lovely doggie cuddles. The park at Batley is beautiful at the moment.



And I was there early enough to catch the dew


There are a lot of berries around. I took this pic in Heckmondwike while waiting for bear.


The school run in the afternoon is a challenge. There are two secondary schools in the centre of the town, both of which have over a thousand pupils, I think. One is the standard secondary school with most pupils living nearby but the other is bear's school, and many come from some distance. Several come from eight or ten miles away in Leeds and up until this crisis, they came on the buses. These days, due to social distancing, only about half or a quarter of the kids can take the buses as there aren't enough seats. Besides, there is the added risk of infection. So many parents are taking their kids to school in their cars. The roads in the centre of a small town are getting gridlocked. It is absolute bedlam. If I want to be in time to pick up bear, I have to get there early or I risk getting caught in traffic. I went in what I thought was good time the first day back and I crawled two miles in around an hour. So now I set off ridiculously early and get knitting done. 

Today it was baking hot, but I did see this, and it made me think of fast forwarding out of 2020.


Although, when I think of it, it looks more like a rewind button and I really don't want that.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment