Pages

Saturday 19 September 2020

First Full Day

Bless - thank you for the good wishes.

Fifitr - they stay picky! But I'm hoping to make the most of the time. I have no idea how it is going to work in schools, and a lot of them are going to be faced with the same issue. 

I can't see how it will work. A kid will have symptoms of a cough/cold/flu which overlap with covid, and they have to take precautions. The child will be sent home and have to isolate. I don't know if the parents will have to as well. It's going to be a nightmare for everyone. And I won't be surprised if, once bear is back at school, he gets sent home because of one of his classmates having symptoms so he has to isolate. I can see this being on repeat until the crisis is over.

I'm trying a new cleaning regime. It has to be an improvement on my usual complete lack of structure, effort and focus. I'm sort of following The Secret Slob which is a kind of pared down Fly Lady. I usually have a surge of energy at this time of year and so I thought I would have a go. Today I went through my emails and deleted three thousand in total. The school run could easily eat four hours a day with the way that the traffic has been going, so it's a great chance for me to try and get the house fit for any sort of purpose. I've been trying for around three weeks, with very minor steps at first now building up to some serious actual cleaning. Of course, I've got to clear floors before I can clean them, but I can see a miniscule difference. The isolation gives me a little more time. Of course, I can't go to the tip or donate anything, but I can put stuff ready. I hope I can keep this going, at least until half term. I give up so easily. And I never manage to do what I say I will on here, so I'm taking a risk. But I blog about what I do, and there may well be more about cleaning.

Another YouTube find for me (after Bardcore, which is awesome) is 'Relaxing Music for Cats' which seems to be several YouTubers doing very long playlists of incredibly relaxing music. The only reference to cats seems to be the pic on the video, but I can live with that. I've heard cats 'singing' and I'd rather stick to the chilled piano music.

Hugs and good vibes to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Hope your new cleaning routine works out well. I clicked on your link to the cleaning site, but, it took me to a book review site! Not sure what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Canada the kids just started back two weeks ago. In one school on the second day there was a positive test so four classes had to go back to learning from home. There are a few schools like that but for the most part they look at only those who had close contact. It works. My grandkids are go to school every second day for 1/2 day then the next day is online learning. Our numbers are low though. I too need to get the fall cleaning done. Soooo lazy. Jean

    ReplyDelete