Pages

Wednesday 23 September 2020

Not Penmanship

Bear is doing better. Of course, we are still isolating as per instructions, so he is doing schoolwork at home and we had to get his prescription delivered. I felt guilty about that. If we have Covid-19 then we need to stay away from people, but it doesn't feel like it. 

I seem to have spent half of today on the phone. First of all Scottish Power rang to arrange a service of the boiler. I cancelled the coverage last month. The people on the phones at Scottish Power are lovely - real sweeties. Unfortunately it appears that despite all my efforts to cancel the dratted thing, it's still haunting us.

Then I was in contact with the school. Isolation ends for bear next Wednesday but he can't go back without a negative covid test. I can't get a test. Trying to work that out took quite a while. 

Then I had to get hold of a prescription for bear that I couldn't collect on account of the whole isolation thing. I know the pharmacy, and they are having issues with their phone system, so that took a large slice of time listening to hold music and ringing back.

Fortunately we had an easy soup for dinner. I bought one of those packs of prepared soup vegetables, just add water and a stock cube. I also added lots of garlic, tumeric, cumin and garlic with a generous portion of lentils. I could probably make it cheaper if I made the effort. I didn't make the effort. 

Writing Stuff - for the last few years I've made a thing about posting every day in October. This year I want to do the same, despite deadlines. I've signed up to October Frights (10-15 October, links will no doubt follow in large numbers) and I've started mapping out what I need to do. I'll be honest, of the 31 posts in October, 20 will be re-posts of stories I have shared before. I hope people will enjoy another look at the old stuff rather than think that I'm cheating (I feel like I'm cheating, but I still like some of the old stuff). The other eleven posts will be new stuff - just little bits of flash fiction and small stories, but I hope lovely and spooky. I've been working it out on pen and paper, and here is a list of the stories that I am like to reuse, if you can read my writing. It's still part way through the organising phase so lots of stuff gets crossed out and added in appalling script. There's a reason I type most things.


If you can work it out, be warned, it's likely to change. 

I have lectured, nagged and encouraged bear to improve his atrocious handwriting. I'd better keep this hidden from him, or he'll know where he got his bad writing from!

Also, I got another good review. I feel so giddy about it - here

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment