Pages

Tuesday 29 September 2020

Epically Epic Fail

 Tonight was supposed to be chicken curry. Then bear got into the car and told me about the awesome curry he had for dinner. I thought I could fry up the chicken (which really should have been used yesterday but there were timing issues with baths and stuff) and add a jar of sauce. Unfortunately the chicken was going rapidly from raw to inedible leather with no stop in between and some suspicious grey bits. I abandoned it. I was baking potatoes, so I bunged in some frozen breaded chicken and hoped for the best.

The breaded chicken and potatoes were nice. I also tried to make baked apples in the microwave. I didn't add sugar, as I was stuffing them with chopped dates, but I added butter and mixed spice. The result was so sour that you could have used it to polish brass. 

As I was washing up, I managed to drop a pan with a fine sieve and a litre pyrex glass jug. The jug shattered. It burst into tiny fragments all over the floor. It took me ages to find them all, and I threw out the pan and sieve. The sieve was very fine mesh and I would never be confident I got all the fragments out, and I looked at the pan and realised I hated it. I had reached my limit.

Then, as I was continuing with the washing up, the sink backed up. At this point I turned everything off and decided to call it a day. 

On the bright side (there is always a bright side) I had a little walk this morning where I spotted some pineapple mint mixed in with some chives in one of the fancy borders of the park.


I also knocked over a bag with a seriously large ball of yarn in and realised that the ball was looking ragged and I thought I would start knitting it up before it fell to knots. There was a blanket pattern attached, but I ignored that and just cast on some stitches and started knitting. The ball looked like this




(my photos really aren't up to much today, but you get the idea).

It's called Warmly and is a Spanish brand of mainly fluff. I had to dig out a suitable circular needle. I may have to do some sorting there.


The yarn is a challenge. I can tell that it will be evil to knit, a devil to wash, a magnet for every scrap of lint and fluff - and the most soft and cosy blanket I could wish for. 

I think I shall have some alcohol and go to sleep now.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like one of those days! Hope tomorrow will be better. :)

    ReplyDelete