Pages

Saturday 19 December 2020

A Fail

Kate Steeper - I sort of love you! You inspired me and I emptied out my freezer into a washing basket. Not only did I take the opportunity to get rid of the pack of apple and red cabbage that has been lurking there for over a year, but I found some roasted parsnips which I haven't been able to pick up in the shops. Thank you!

I think impulse control needs to go high on the list of things I need to address in the new year. Like many places, Leeds has a directory of 'Buy Local' places and it includes a fabric shop that is in the same postcode as me. Of course I looked. And of course I fell for a pattern that looked not only easy to sew but flattering to me! I didn't even go for the inexpensive fabric, but some that I liked the look of! It is so unlike me. And then the lovely lady from the shop (Fabrics for All) called me and offered to drop it off for me! And she did - which is above and beyond in this weather! I'll take a photo tomorrow as the fabric is currently in the same room as bear. Bear does not want to be disturbed as 'something something Minecraft something streaming something two thousand episodes'. I feel the same about the Strictly Come Dancing Final, so we are leaving each other alone for now.  

On the plus side, I haven't gone anywhere. I did drive three feet - I moved the car so that I could get at the boot easier. Otherwise I've been hanging out with bear, pottering with some laundry and getting a few bits of writing done. Now I am going back to Strictly!

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment