Pages

Monday 14 December 2020

Monday Has Happened

It's been wonderfully dull. I managed a small walk today after dropping bear off, but I'm still feeling poorly. Bear is also under the weather so nothing much has got done today.

This evening I was telling him about family again. I was telling him about my grandfather's little ways with food. He would only eat roast meat cold. My grandmother would have to roast a joint of meat and then wait to slice it later on. To be fair, a roast goes a lot further and slices thinner when it's cold, but I ate a lot of thin, ragged, grey meat when I visited them. If it was a casserole or stew, grandfather would insist that there was onion flavour in it, but refused to eat onion. My grandmother solved that problem by putting in an onion whole and letting my uncle eat it in his portion. Roast meat was eaten with frozen mixed veg (so he got a variety but never needed to make a decision between them) and plain boiled potatoes. I'm not sure that bear believed me. 

Writing stuff - a very short story here

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. My Gran used to cook a whole onion in mince etc and then remove it before serving as my Granda refused to eat onion. He was never any wiser. Loved them both to bits

    ReplyDelete