Pages

Thursday 10 December 2020

Hospital Check Up

Bear had a face to face hospital appointment today. We took a taxi there and back after last time when the parking was horrific. The taxi there was fine, but the one home had me on the edge of my seat. I could see so many near misses - I was extremely glad to hit land when we got home.

The appointment went well and hopefully things are on the up. I was so proud of bear. When we went to one side with the physio, she commented about how well bear had dealt with being faced with three strangers, all of them with clipboards. I hadn't thought anything of it as it is normal behaviour to me. He was calm, clear and sensible and kept things to the point. Looking back, he had poise and assurance. And he isn't fourteen yet! 

Then I went out to do a shop. I did two rounds - one with heavy bottles and then a second one with frozen stuff. I couldn't find a Christmas sweater for bear, though. I wish the school had just stuck to a non uniform day. I've no idea where I'm going to get one now.

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. Glad the appointment went well. I hope you can find a Christmas jumper for Bear. A non-uniform day does sound better! Maybe they could even do festive colours. It seems a bit hard for some families to buy a jumper they might not wear again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful Bear could have a face to face.
    I used this idea once. I used a black sweater (any colour will do). Then I made pompoms to make the shape of a tree. Conversely you could use some trim make the shape then add pompoms for decorations. Not all kids are open to strange ideas but my kids were. Jean

    ReplyDelete