Pages

Wednesday 23 December 2020

Almost C Day

Sharon - the heritage carrots taste of carrots but slightly different. It's hard to describe. I think that they are a little less sweet. 

Today I wrapped all but one of bear's Christmas presents. It's big and awkward (not saying what, just in case he reads) and I will be wrestling with it for a while. It took a lot less time this year. I'm not saying that bear isn't ridiculously spoiled, because he is, but most of it is in the expensive gear stick thingy he got for his computer game and there will be money tucked in a card. He doesn't need much. The same goes for DH. I have struggled so much to get something nice for him. He doesn't really want anything, and told me so himself.

I started using my notebook today. I called in at Aldi for some last minute bits - eggs, ginger pop and some of the fancy soups that DH likes. Then I needed the bathroom, and there isn't one in Batley Aldi, so I called in at Tesco for the facilities and picked up some birthday wrapping paper. We are almost out of the ginormous stash that we had a few years ago. I've noted the totals in the book, and that's it for now. As I go on, I may include savings or note where I was impulse buying, but right now I'm happy to just keep reminding myself that I am spending money.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Well done on sticking to writing things down; I find it helps just to be aware of what you're spending on.
    Less sweet carrots are right up my road; I don't care for the sweetness of root veg (or indeed anything sweet in a savoury setting, so sweet and sour pork is definitely out chez nous).
    Unfortunately Delifresh didn't have any Christmas slots when I checked, but I'll definitely be ordering in the new year as they have loads of good-looking fruit and veg, sold conveniently - because I need 7 apples every week, not 6 in a bag or two packs of 4, and so few supermarket seem to have loose fruit at the moment. Also they have stuff to experiment with like salsify. I tried to grow it once because I was intrigued, but it got lost among the horseradish and never produced anything. I shall look forward to trying it in the new year.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family; here's to a better 2021 for everyone!

    ReplyDelete