Pages

Thursday 3 December 2020

No Snow Yet

Hazel - it's a private, not very nice landlord and the kitchen was taken out of spite. Quite a few years back, before bear was born, someone a few doors down moved out and took the copper piping with them. Landlord replaced it with rubber hosing, apparently. Please understand - I miss most of the drama on the street because I don't really get involved and don't really gossip, so goodness only knows what else has gone on. I just share the edited highlights. Anyway, dust continues and I'm getting very chesty with it.

Sharon - Ipswich sounds awesome, though it was a fairly fearsome matriarch that came from there, if I understand it correctly. It's my brother that gets sucked in and he has a lot of fun. We have connections in Brittany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. Apparently there is also someone genetically connected in the Netherlands. My great grandfather was a sea captain who sailed into the Baltic and Hamburg a lot (lots of men in my family went to sea, possibly to escape their female relations), which may explain that. Rotterdam was definitely on his route.

Bear's ankle continues sore, but I suspect that it is on the mend, although not brilliant. He's off school all next week as his year is on the roster to be taught at home. Apparently staff and pupils are having to isolate in large numbers, and bear was talking about maybe a quarter of his class being in. That will give his ankle a chance.

I'm trying to resist temptation. I have a gazillion and four knitting projects on the go. However I found a ball of 'shawl in a ball' yarn in feng shui grey that I had got inexpensively from an eBay auction, and I absentmindedly went looking for a pattern as I looked inside the ball band and there wasn't one there. I've found an easy pattern, I have needles that are slightly too large, which would work for me, and I'm trying to finish off the second hat before I start this. Fortunately for my lack of will power, the stitchmarker I need is in the car. I'll let you know if I stay strong. 

Now I have to write a note for school to explain that yes, bear is prescribed codeine and that he'll need it to get through the day. The school require me to explain that he needs more than paracetamol or ibuprofen and possibly why. And I really need to avoid sarcasm while I explain it. 

(I've just checked the washing instructions on the website for the yarn and they say that it is possible to wash items made from this yarn in a machine designed for this purpose. Is that a machine designed for washing clothes or a machine designed for washing items made from Lionbrand 'Shawl in a Ball' yarn? I suppose it sounds nicer than 'machine wash, dry flat' but it sounds a little odd).

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment