Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Grumbling Along

I am definitely feeling under the weather. I think I got chilled waiting for bear this afternoon and now I feel extremely achy. I think I'll be fine after an early night.

It will only be a relatively early night. Liverpool are playing tonight and it's on Amazon Prime. This is a great opportunity to put in some knitting time. The only problem I have is that I get distracted while watching a good football match and I end up with unintended holes.

By the way, I'm doing a two row pattern shawl with the shawl in the ball yarn that I couldn't resist starting on. Once you get over about thirty stitches on the needles, and I have quite a bit more than that now, I lose track about which row I'm on as it's all knit but with strategic yarnovers every other row. As it's quite fluffy with oversized needles, it's hard to tell without looking closely. I've put a 5p coin on my desk now and I turn it over at the end of every row. If tails are showing, I need to do the yarnovers. I don't know if this idea will help anyone else. 

Bear has lost his Very Important Lanyard he needs for school. He only has a half day tomorrow left, so we can scrape through that and then take the house apart over the holidays. He also has a lot of homework to do, and is horrified to have a shortened summer holiday this year. I think that the teachers must be on their knees by now and I hope that they are taking their vitamins.

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. Go the Reds! Great win by Liverpool!!
    Libby in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you're all feeling a bit under the weather, by the sounds of it. I hope it clears up for Christmas; being sick at Christmas is miserable, especially if the family is still relying on you to dish up a big dinner.
    I'm just outside the Delifresh free delivery area but I suspect I can round up £100 of goodies to order for Christmas, what an excellent suggestion. As a backup I noticed my Topcashback account was getting quite full and converted the money into a Waitrose gift card to soften the blow of their prices. I've decided to do the Christmas shop there if I can't get a delivery and cancel Morrisons, as I have no guarantee I'll get half the stuff, and while looking for a few Christmas goodies to add from the pre-prepared and festive ranges found about 80% of items were listed as out of stock. Very poor show IMHO!
    Your Aldi lights must have been a fantastic bargain if you thought they were good value for a small string and got all of that for your money. They look very pretty and you can never really have too many lights.
    I bet many teachers will be very glad to have a quiet Christmas at home this year. It's what we usually have so it doesn't feel odd not to be preparing for a huge family visit, but I imagine it will be hard on many. We just have to stand firm and not waste all the effort we've put in so far to stay apart, I think. But of course if people need to meet up with loved ones they should. I will do my bit by breaking out the chocolates and booze and nestling down with my husband to watch a nice boxed set over the festive season instead. Hope you all feel better in time for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete