Pages

Sunday 20 December 2020

Action Pending

I've not got much done at all today, and got sucked into some strange YouTube videos. I definitely need to work on getting started on stuff. Yesterday Liverpool won 7-0, which was wonderful, and Bill Bailey won Strictly Come Dancing, which I loved. 

The stonking great landrover with the plastic silver skulls glued on that had been parked on the corner next to our house has moved. This means that parking should once again take less than ten minutes of manouevering between the decorated landrover and the abandoned blue car, so that is a plus (as long as it doesn't come back!). And I got pics of the fabric and pattern that I shouldn't have bought yesterday.


The lovely lady even included the postage, which was completely unnecessary as she brought it to me. That's fabric, pattern, bias binding and thread. The fabric is quite silky and drapy


I hope I can work with it. If it works out, it looks like the pattern/fabric will give me a tunic style top that I can drag on over jeans, shove any necessary sweater on top and then get on with things. I am not even going to attempt to pattern match the fabric.

I don't know when I'll start making this. I may have a go in the lull between Christmas and New Year. I will probably hand sew it, as I am not over my nerves with sewing machines and mine is in desperate need of a service.

I'm thinking about things, and I realise that I have a much better success rate of getting things done if I write things down using pen and paper rather than typing. So I'm going to spend the evening with pen, paper and possibly alcohol writing things down as they come to me, and trying to work out a plan of attack for the next few days. 

The other thing I plan to do is dig out one of my notebooks and keep it next to my laptop. Any time I want to buy something, I have to write it down in the notebook first. That should help me take a moment to think whether I actually want something, and also help me to keep track of how I am spending. Besides, it will be great to be able to go back and identify where I got something from and possibly re-order from there. It may also help me to avoid places that are dreadful after bad experiences. I'll share how these things go. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I love little notebooks and keep one in most rooms so when I do remember what it is I,ve forgotten I can remember, if I can read my writing that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought little notebooks with intentions of putting at least one in my car. I get struck with ideas when out with husband on our Sunday Adventures and never have pen and paper around! I am really going to strive to write more lists next year.

    ReplyDelete