Pages

Monday 21 December 2020

Shortest Day Longest Night

Cool Yule to all those who celebrate the old festivals. 

Val - I think I'll start stashing notebooks around, thank you for the idea. I work much better when I use pen and paper. I hope Poppy is feeling better.

It's been a miserable sort of day here. It's been dark and damp and I'm very glad that the nights are likely to be getting shorter. I ended up hauling in the two deliveries in the rain, which didn't do much for the kitchen. The kitchen is FULL!!!! Everywhere seems to be stuffed with stuff. I've got bread for the next few days, veggies and lots of goodies. I'm seriously considering sticking to mayonnaise rolls for the next few days if we run out of bread, which is about the only thing I'm worried about. That and possibly picking up some eggs. Everything else is covered, at least for now. 

The news about the borders being closed is worrying, of course, and I really feel for the lorry drivers trapped in the queues there. I refuse to go out and get anything 'just in case'. My kitchen is so full that you can barely move. I've been planning to hibernate between now and January anyway and stocked up accordingly. It doesn't stop me worrying about others, though. It's been a very difficult year and I hope that things get better as the days get longer.

Writing stuff - Monday's flash fiction is here. I've also been working a little on the newsletter. I need to have a post box address to put as a contact and then I need to work out how the heck I'm going to get it sent out. I'm determined to get it right, though. One of the things on my list is to treat writing as a proper job and the newsletter will be part of it. 

Hugs and good health to all. 


1 comment:

  1. Yes, the lorry back-ups do sound worrying. My BIL drives one, but he has long since given up driving abroad. I hope things get worked out soon and people don't panic buy too much! I don't want to go through that toilet paper thing again lol

    ReplyDelete