Pages

Friday 11 December 2020

The End of Another Week

Jean - I was seriously considering that! Or tacking tinsel on it. The trouble is, it's not a very crafty school and fourteen year olds can be sooooo cutting. Fortunately I found the t-shirt I got in last year's panic which I deliberately bought too big and which now fits him. I hate the whole Christmas sweater pressure. If it's your thing then I think you should wear them proudly as often as you can. If, like me, DH and bear, it isn't, it's horrible to have to buy a sweater that you wear once per year under orders.

Sharon - the school did say that if you couldn't get a sweater then just non-uniform, but it can be hard on a teenager if they're the only one without the dratted Christmas sweater.

I meant to pick up hooks for the Christmas decorations yesterday but forgot so I dived out this evening. It was very odd. Once I got more than five minutes away from the house it started to get very misty indeed and on the way back it was worse. Around a mile or so from our house it was 'visibility of 100 metres or less' type mist, but a few hundred yards nearer our home and it was clear! Does anyone know if this means it was low cloud? Our house is in a valley and comparatively low level, but once you get towards Tesco at Batley, it's a little higher up. I was under the impression that mist and fog came up from the ground, which is why you sometimes saw patches of mist hanging around in hollows. 

I think I'm set up for Christmas. If not, we'll just manage. 

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. Look out after Christmas in the charity shops, buy a jumper and store it away for next year. In fact there are probably some available now.

    ReplyDelete