Pages

Friday 4 December 2020

I Do Not Approve

There was snow!

Bear was still struggling with his ankle so didn't go into school. He still worked, though. Yesterday he got a 'positive' for participation - from our sofa! I nipped out, planning on calling in on Aldi and Tesco in Batley for some lunch stuff - and the rain had lumps in! By the time I had driven for five minutes, it was actual snow as I was now higher. I thought about carrying on. It would be perfect for me to get some confidence as there wasn't anyone else in the car so I wouldn't get distracted, and it wasn't settling so that the car was still holding the road but I could get used to the way the visibility was affected. I didn't. I turned around and went to the rather inadequate Aldi near us.

Mind you, that had it's benefits, I suppose. I watched as they tried to evict someone who was apparently camping in the public toilet. It was the entertainment of the day. 

I've got some stuff planned over the weekend, so I'll be back on Monday. Here are the plans and I will let you know exactly how much I managed to get done. I need to go to Tesco to pick up some lunch stuff and top up generally, and possibly to Morrisons. Then I need to clear through the freezer and have a sort out. I'm on the fence about throwing out the brussel sprouts I bought for last Christmas. They've been in the freezer so won't be full of mold, but they won't be full of flavour either. I may play with a few soups. I also need to empty the fridge, give it a good clean out, and either use or lose those half jars of pickles and sauces that are lurking there. I want to give the living room a good clean and get it ready for decorating the weekend after. 

I also want to go through and thoroughly clean all the jars as next week I will have up to four hours extra every day without the school run. Bear will be learning from home, which has it's advantages and disadvantages. I plan to belatedly make the Christmas Cake, and some pickles and chutneys. I will be nipping out for shopping, as well, so I won't necessarily have all that time. I want to get bear's blazer dry cleaned as well. I missed it over the summer as dry cleaners were shut and it was all very stressful. 

How much I'll manage, I don't know. But I admit it, I started the shawl that I meant to leave till later. It was a willpower fail. 

It's all been very quiet on the neighbour front. Long may that continue.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lyssa, sounds like a full weekend. We'll be decorating our tree today, and very happily will have all the 'kids'home plus my darling little granddaughter. Have a great weekend, and I hope you get to do something fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you accomplish all what you want to do this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get everything done that you want to! The toilet eviction does sound...interesting and a little amusing (though I suppose not for the homeless person). Hope Bear's ankle feels better soon. My mum was only too pleased to tell me about the snow she had gotten when I Skyped with her on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have "cleaned" a wool jacket by spraying it lightly with vodka, then airing it thoroughly. Surprisingly, it worked!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete