Pages

Tuesday 1 December 2020

Could be Worse

Pam - I'd rather write about vampires lol!

Hazel - We've done the sensible thing and made sure that keys are in the locks, that the stairs are clear (they usually are - I've fallen on them too many times!) and made sure that the smoke alarms are working. I don't think that they knew I was there. There was only me at home, and I don't make much noise. But we've had a lot of issues with the various tenants at the back, so I'll just wait and see. There have been times when what the neighbours were doing was the best entertainment out there. 

Bear has twisted his ankle. It's not swollen or discoloured, but it's not weight bearing after a few steps. As a silver lining, all of his lessons are online (except for double PE, which meant he had a double period playing on his computer) and he got plenty of schoolwork done. It's still bad, so it looks like he may be off tomorrow, but he needs to go in on Thursday for something something something drama something. The Thursday weather forecast is mentioning snow. I've never driven in snow, apart from a few flakes last Christmas. I am a little concerned, but if it happens, I'll take it steady and I know a lot of different routes now so I will have some options. I am also a little reassured that if the snow is very bad, there is a good chance that bear can do lessons from home. 

I still had to go out. I had booked a tip run, secure in the belief that I could drop off some rubbish on the way to pick up bear. Instead I picked up some groceries and dropped some books off for the charity book shelf but I forgot a load of things so I will be braving the crowds tomorrow. 

I'll be honest and say that I'm still feeling a little tense. Of course, I'm distracted running around after bear and poor DH has a bad back now, so I'm not dwelling so much. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope Bear's ankle heals soon. I hope there is no snow. I hate driving in it. I can do with a light layer but usually we get a lot more. Probably why I'm making the most of 'good' weather even if it is cold and cloudy.

    ReplyDelete