Pages

Thursday 24 December 2020

Almost There!

I had a nice walk this morning with DH in Batley Park. It was cold but lovely and we had a wonderful stretch of the legs. The Canada Geese were as fierce as normal, so we hurried past them. Then home to watch 'A Muppet Christmas Carol' which is a vital part of our Christmas traditions. I have the Christmas goodies out now, so there was a lot of snacking today. We ended up just having cheese and crackers for dinner (well, for the men) but it's nice cheese and posh crackers. 

All Christmas presents are now wrapped. Tomorrow dinner is steak, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, sprouts and a huge raft of different types of stuffing and gravy, followed by Christmas pudding with brandy butter and brandy sauce. This has been chosen to be low effort and to be food we like. Anything else would be wasted. Everything is set up and ready to go. I hope bear likes his presents. 

The people at the back are having an amazing, high volume argument. I think I will pour myself an alcoholic drink and put my headphones on.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment