Pages

Tuesday 29 December 2020

Awesome Day

Bear said that he had a good birthday. He waited until DH had finished work to open his presents and was very happy with his loot. He had some gift vouchers from friends, a model to make (with no paint or glue needed - thank you awesome brother) and we had got him a chunk of books and some other little bits, like a fancy pack of cars. One of the biggest hits was actually one of the least expensive - a blinged up set of steampunk goggles with weird refractive lenses.

I hope he settles in to the books. I don't know what to get for the modern stuff so over Christmas and his birthday he ended up with stuff like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Journey to the Centre of the Earth. DH and I plan on also dipping in, if he's happy to let us. I haven't read Robinson Crusoe for years and I think we are both looking at Swiss Family Robinson. I also got him some music books and he was practising almost straight away. 

We had a very slight scattering of snow, but now I'm worried about ice and driving tomorrow. I have a tip run booked, but I'm seriously worried about getting there. It's either scary bypass with aggressive lorries or twisty back roads with 50mph speed limits. And no matter which way, it's steep hills. Still, it's for mid-morning and the main roads will be gritted, so I shouldn't worry. Really, I should be counting my blessings that we haven't been too badly hit by bad weather. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Bear! I'm glad that he had a good birthday.

    It's snowing here right now and next will come the freezing rain. I have a hair appointment tomorrow but luckily son is on holiday from work and has said that he will take me if the weather is bad. He's so much better - and more confident - about driving in the bad weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all those old adventure novels when I was a kid; I was a massive fantasy and SF fan, and really enjoyed reading things that had inspired the authors I first started reading. I'm sure bear will dig in and appreciate them too. If he's anything like me and my pile of Christmas books, which are still sitting waiting to be read, he'll want to clear his schedule of part-read and promised titles first though. Must be difficult with a birthday so near Christmas for you to think of enough things to buy him, but it sounds like you all had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete