Pages

Sunday 7 February 2021

All Dry Here

 Pam - thank you! It is unsettling.

The flood has gone, but here is a pic from yesterday.


It's all back to normal. There are still some alerts for the centre of Leeds, but nothing here. 

Today's photos are of the dratted laurels again. I think a branch may have snapped in the rain. 




I've emailed Matalan, and I'm hoping that they do something. I'm worried that the whole lot will come over and hit the cars and possibly even the house. 

There has been snow in the wind, but nothing serious. Apparently we get some tomorrow. I changed the time and date of the Tesco order as there was nothing we needed. This means that I won't be asking some poor delivery driver to come here through possible snow. It's bad enough asking them to brave the bushes. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Maybe contact the council as well about the trees as there is the potential for their road to be blocked/damaged if the trees fall. They may be able to issue a notice to Matalan for the work to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks quite wet! My sister says it's been snowing in Ipswich. Got a bit of it that's laid. She's glad she doesn't have to go out anywhere tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live in a house near the River Trent with fields that flooded nearby, so I'm used to the sensation of waiting for a flood to happen and watching the water creeping up and obliterating the landscape and landmarks bit by bit. I hope you haven't been hit by too much snow. It keeps having a go here but it's blown around so much and keeps switching between sun, snow and rain, so nothing is settling. Winds up over 50mph though, so it's bracing when you go out! I imagine a lot of deliveries will be disrupted and fresh fruit and veg will be in even shorter supply, so the farm shop, if you can get to it, sounds like a good option.

    ReplyDelete