Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2021

Gentle Improvement

Wherethejourneytakesme - I put garlic in everything. We are definitely vampire resistant in this household. I feel for your daughter so much! I have to check labels and Sodium Metabisulphate seems to be in everything! It must be hard to be so vigilant.

So far today I've done a few loads of laundry, made dinner (mushy peas, potato products, fish fingers for bear and I and the other half of the pasta bake for DH), taken the recycling out, contacted one of DH's elderly aunties for a chat, kept up with bear and took out the recycling bin. I've done a small amount of sorting stuff, a certain amount of writing, and I've generally been positive. 

Bear got a good report. I feel for the teachers trying to keep going in this mess. Bear's school has kept up to live lessons so bear has been logging in and having teaching time, but it must be so hard for the teachers. As it is, bear has got some great 'attitude to learning' scores. Some of the attainment scores aren't brilliant, but that's okay. We can work with that when things get a little more stable. 

It's going to be a shock to the system when bear gets back to school. I think bear would quite like to not go back to school, thank you so much, but at least he will have some separation between home and classroom. I must remember to take bear's blazer in to be cleaned. 

Soon I am going to head out and pick up bear's prescription. Hopefully I'll hit the sweet spot between the end of rush hour traffic and the store closing.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. The attitude to learning is the most important part, I think, the habit of learning, enjoying acquiring new knowledge. If all this disruption hasn't put him off he's doing exceedingly well.
    I imagine feeling sick and having digestive problems for a long period puts you off food full stop, especially those items you associate with making you feel ill so I can understand why it's so important to tempt bear to eat; hopefully with time some of the associations and memories will being to fade. If it's any comfort to you I had All-Bran and a banana for dinner last night after coming home late from a work-related trip; my other half had fruit!
    If I'm organised I cook in cycles, so I'll make a big batch of soya mince with lentils up, make a couple of cottage pies with it - making some extra mash for a rainy day - then add tomatoes to the remains for pasta sauce and do spag bol and maybe a pasta bake with courgettes and peppers, then use the remainder from that with some beans to make chilli which can go over rice or nachos or be rolled up in tortillas with some refried beans (also from a can) to make Mexican lasagne. That's pretty much a week of meals once you've done the initial dicing and slicing and steaming and frying off of veg, which I do all on one day to get it over with and just store in the fridge until ready, or if I get fed up I just stick the mince in cartons and then add the extra bits as the week goes along. If I've soaked beans I do extra and then I can freeze or fridge them to make a pilaf and bean burgers or bean bites to go with soup for lunch, a curry or a bean pate... We live on quite a limited range of foodstuffs but it certainly makes cooking easier. I don't know if a similar approach would work for you, but it's maybe worth thinking about as a concept. Could you cook once and roll over the main ingredients to the next day's meal to save yourself some time?
    Take care and keep the keel even!

    ReplyDelete