Pages

Tuesday 9 February 2021

Fail Day

I was wondering why the date was niggling at me. Why was I fixated on 9th February, what was so significant about that? Was it a date from last year when we had a lot on? Doctor's appointment? MOT? Deadline?

It turns out that it was the date that the ham joint I had from my last shopping expedition expired. This was something of a nuisance as I had already got a Co-op order with meat for two days plus veg ordered. And DH has the second half of his pasta bake ready for tonight! So I've cooked the ham, with view to eating it cold over the next two days, bunged the Co-op meat in the freezer and grumbled.

And then, while I was struggling with some writing, I was at a low point in my writing and flicked over my emails as a sort of holding pattern while I tried to work something out. Unfortunately, at my moment of weakness, there was an email from Marriners Yarns. That is why I have £30 worth of yarn on its way. Okay, that's the material for two blankets (with previous yarn), three sets of yarn for hats and scarves in England colours (DH, bear and I) and a pom pom maker but I could do without it. 

I've been muttering about getting the black 4ply for a while as I plan to knit it as a double strand, one strand black and one strand this glorious colour, in a very basic broken rib for a snuggly blanket. But it could have waited until the current stash subsided a little.


I have no idea what bear and I are eating tonight. Bear's dinner will probably include horseradish and/or mustard. He has become heavily invested in horseradish, and he told me that he had never had mustard, so I picked up some mild stuff in the last shopping trip. It has been used liberally ever since. It is only a matter of time before the lad is eating mustard sandwiches. And that was perhaps the main reason for the order - bread for bear's toast.

So I failed by buying yarn when I can barely move for the stuff and I have failed epically with meal planning (again) and I'm not doing so bright with writing. I had also planned to have a quick drive to stretch my wheels and help get my joints moving a little better, but the weather made me nervous. I couldn't justify a joy ride, so I've stayed in doors. 

On the bright side - I can't wait to get the yarn. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear Lyssa you sound glum - but things can only get better! I would love to knit a blanket - I am tempted but no idea how to begin or what sort of cost. sending hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Tomorrow is another day. That's what I always tell myself!

    ReplyDelete