Pages

Tuesday 16 February 2021

Another Quiet Day

Wherethejourneytakesme - I still have a weakness for a good documentary. 

Bear's physio was cancelled. I took bear to the park in the afternoon - and it was packed! It was absolutely heaving with people! Many of them were not distancing at all. There was an ice cream van! Then I got back to the car first to wait for bear and realised that I had forgotten my knitting. This was a shame as there was quite a wait as bear got lost and came out of the park in a completely unexpected direction. Also, the snack place that was open was closed by the time bear got back so I ended up nipping to Tesco and picking up a wrap for bear. As bear almost inhaled in on the ride back, I think it was a good call.

It's much warmer here now, but there is still ice in the pond 


As usual, the photo isn't brilliant. There are gulls standing on the ice but behind them are ducks and geese swimming. There are a few bits of snow in Tesco car park as well, despite it being sometime since the last flake fell.


It's looking a little second hand, and I don't suppose it will last much longer. 

Now I have to try and work out how to mend a zip in bear's onesie. He really likes it. It's huge, warm and printed with skulls - what more can a fourteen year old lad want? Unfortunately the zip has gone and I think I'm out of my depth. I've been looking at YouTube videos, but it looks like the zip itself has broken, and I'm not skilled enough to replace a zip. I may see if I can pick up some velcro and use that to replace the zip.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. There's sunshine here up on the East coast and the wind has died down, so we've been inundated by tourists wanting a day out... some social distancing but not enough. It's obvious they're mostly visitors taking unnecessary journeys as when it's cold or wet only a handful of people walk on the seafront and there are no cars in the car parks. The local infection numbers had dropped right down but I expect in a week or two they'll have shot up again unfortunately - time to choose different routes for our daily walks.

    If you try and unpick the zip from bear's onesie it might make clear to you how to replace it. Replacing zips isn't that hard. Replacing them really neatly and putting them into difficult fabrics is trickier, but I don't imagine bear will mind if it's not perfectly neat, and stretchy fabric is very forgiving so why not have a try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sewing machine comes with a special foot meant for sewing on zips, but, I've only sewn one once, with my daughter's help! She probably could have done it better! LOL.

    ReplyDelete