Pages

Thursday 25 February 2021

Nothing Much Here

The rendezvous was unobserved, or, at least, uninterrupted. It was nice to see brother. He has been a hero in our family for years, and I try to be careful not to take advantage of him. He ran around after uncle, for no thanks, looked after my mother in her last months, looked after our very challenging great-uncle and spent quite a few years with his life on hold. He not only swapped over the laptop but handed over some hyacinth bulbs he had for me, as he knows that I love them. It was dark and damp. The car park was huge but almost empty and a lot of the lights weren't on, so the shadows were long. People were scuttling to the store and ignoring us. It was very noir and clandestine for a twelve year old laptop and some hyacinth bulbs. 

Fifitr - I think an auction lot of washing up liquid is something I aspire to. I've got a fair stock as well, though I've finally run through the Amazon delivery. In my experience, water with washing up liquid will clean most things. I'm gradually easing over to Method for the spray, through Amazon Subscribe and Save, and with white vinegar, that's all I usually need. Not that I am a good example of housewifery, but I believe that great housewives usually have less products under their sinks rather than lots of fancy items. Bear, to his credit, isn't too bad wanting the 'latest' but I can see him getting into the really good stuff - not flash, but good - as he gets into computers. He wants to be a programmer, so I can see us spending a lot of money on tech. 

Pam - I kept giggling during the meet. 

Sharon - it's been a challenge, and I think the next few months are going to be interesting. And some days I'm grateful for any steps at all. 

Today has been one of those days. I didn't get enough sleep, so at 9.30am I thought I would try and get a quick nap to catch up, knowing that the Co-op were dropping off a few bits (including rum) at 11am. I was drifting off as soon as my head hit the pillow. Next door decided, at around 9.37, that they really, really, really needed to bang saucepans with wooden spoons for long periods of time right next to my bedroom. I gave in around 9.45am. It sounded like banging saucepans with wooden spoons, but it may have been something else, because it kept up all day.

I was so tired, I was fit for murder! I was supposed to be going to the tip, but I didn't think I was safe to drive. My eyes hurt. I've been trying to be around for bear, which he more or less appreciated. Unfortunately this means that I've taken on enough caffeine to fell an elephant, so now I'm not sure that I could get to sleep. I may use that rum.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment