Pages

Saturday 6 February 2021

Soggy Saturday

Bless - thank you!

Sharon - instagram is a very visual site and your photos are amazing. I'm still working it out.

Fifitr - I think I'll be holding out as well, with perhaps a visit to the farm shop when absolutely necessary. I've got plenty of lentils and I got a stock of dried minced onions on a deal. The same deal got loads of things like spices so I can change things up. I just have to keep an eye on how the men are doing. 

The weather people hinted that snow might be somewhere near us. We have had steady rain instead - hard, cold and continuing. 




It's up against the bridges at the moment, when normally it's a mucky trickle. That was a few hours ago and the river level information has it still rising. There is a good chance that the beck will flood onto the ring road again. I thought I may have to stay in because of snow, but if this rain continues, I'll have to stay in because of flood. There are flood alerts all along my usual routes, including in Tesco car park! And there are flood warnings, where flooding is expected, near bear's school. 

It's odd. I only started checking for flood warnings when I was writing this post, but checking the AA traffic news and looking at the flood maps is unnerving. The road I was walking along when I took this photo is now closed - probably because it has flooded. 

While I'm fussing bear (his ear is on and off) and thinking about dinner, I think I'll look out our torches, just in case the electric goes with the floods.

Hugs and good vibes to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you avoid the flooding, you must be feeling vulnerable. We have had overnight rain but now it is snowing and settling. Keep warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete