Pages

Sunday 19 September 2021

A Little More Interesting

Sharon - thank you. I am thinking hard about it. I am very grateful for the support I've had here.

Yesterday I didn't post because there was nothing to post about. I did a little tidying and some ironing, but it was all very dull. Today has not been dull. 

Yesterday evening, just before bed, I evicted some slugs, from the dining room. I made a few trips just before bedtime, and I think I got maybe four or five of them. I was unimpressed, but at least I could find them after the tidying. I found another one this morning when I moved a bag. I am not a happy bunny. 

Today I have washed clothes, ironed clothes, shifted and carried and generally tidied. My kitchen and dining room look like a cry for help at the moment - there are bags and piles everywhere. But it is getting sorted. I'll need to work like a navvy next week to get it to a fit state, but I can do this! 

I found that the drawer unit in the corner that had been hidden by a pile of stuff had a broken lid, so I decided to nip to Argos for a new one. I don't really like Argos, and I've had a few bad experiences, but I took the risk and ordered online to collect this afternoon. Of course, that meant driving down the ring road, which is scary, and more like the wacky races than sensible driving. There is a real risk of ending up in Hull if you get stuck in the wrong lane, but at least it was Sunday. There weren't as many crazed lorry drivers and mad vans hurtling around. 

I got to Argos, which is in Sainsburys in the White Rose Centre. I noticed this as I went in. 


The smoking bin was actually smoking!

I had a little look around Sainsburys and picked up a gluten free Christmas pudding and some gluten free lebkuchen and decided to pick up some rum. I carefully balanced the litre bottle in my trolley - and it fell out and smashed. It smashed loudly, emphatically and right at my feet. My slippers and jeans were soaked. If you had squeezed them out you could have made a cocktail. I don't think I had athlete's foot, but if I did, I'm sure that the tidal wave of rum will have sorted it out. I was mortified! And it took me ages to find a member of staff. They reassured me that it wasn't a rare thing, so that is something. 

I picked up the drawer unit and headed home. I kept the windows down and prayed that I wouldn't be stopped because I reeked of rum. I've never been so glad to get in. Bear put the unit together for me (he is getting to be quite the handyman) and we had an easy dinner. I gave the men bought pasties with coleslaw, which they were happy with and I was relieved about as the kitchen is really not fit for cooking. I'm going to heat a tin of soup for me in a minute.

I intend to spend the evening peacefully, but my plans never seem to work out. But as far as I can tell, everyone has clean clothes for tomorrow (especially important for me, as I currently smell like the barmaid's apron) and everyone has been fed. Fingers crossed for an early night.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment