Pages

Monday 27 September 2021

A Squirrel

We had a squirrel on our bird table today. It was chowing down on the fat balls that we put out for the robin and blue tits. The sparrows were all perched to one side in a state of baffled indignation. DH topped up the food, but I don't know how much the birds will get. I haven't seen the squirrel before. I've not seen many rats since we chased them, so fingers crossed that most of the stuff gets to the birds. I haven't seen the black cap since the bushes were pruned back but we are still getting wagtails, the robin, thrushes, blue tits, great tits and, of course, sparrows. The sparrows seem to have set up home in the fuchsia where they argue and squabble and then launch themselves out to heckle the magpies and pigeons as well as the occasional squirrel. 

We have had so much entertainment from the bird feeder. I may have to stock up on that. Today the bird food section at Tesco looked like this.



I'm not feeling very well. It may be partly my imagination, but some of it is real. The trouble with having a vivid and well practiced imagination is that it gets away from the 'writing stories' and ends up in 'getting into a silly state'. I woke up this morning around 4am and I couldn't breathe. It was awful. It was like I couldn't get any air in at all. I crawled into some clothes and staggered downstairs and felt a little better. I dozed on the sofa before getting up for the school run. On the way out, I had a thought. It goes something like this...

One of the next door neighbours is doing stuff that is feeding dust into my bedroom. I keep feeling like I've got a gritty cough and I get gunky eyes. Over the summer I got the habit of leaving my bedroom window open all the time. My bedroom window is directly over the exhaust for the boiler. The nights have been getting colder and the heating comes on whenever it gets to below 19C on the landing. It's coming on in the night, when I have had trouble breathing. Next door's boiler vent is also near to my window and I think there are issues with it. I could be suffering from the fumes. It could also be a panic attack (not good stuff happened over weekend). It's still hurting to breathe, and this morning was definitely real. I think I'll sleep on the sofa tonight and then reassess my bedroom. Also, I need to meditate.

Writing stuff - here's a piece that I was definitely not going to put in. It is only three more days to October, so brace yourself. There will be 'writing stuff every day. And watch out for October Frights Blog Hop 10th-15th October, as there will be a lot of stories on all sorts of blogs and there will be what Anita Stewart described as a book fair with links to lots of books on the supernatural theme.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment