Pages

Monday 13 September 2021

Blast from the Past

I can barely move as I am full of sneezes. I've had a good sort out in the living room and I'll be moving furniture tomorrow. This means that the dust has been flying and it has seriously set me off. I've gone through half a box of tissues. I'll certainly get through a lot more tomorrow. Bear ended up with a Co-op chilled lasagna for dinner as I felt far too sniffly to do anything more. DH had his usual pasta bake, which made him happy. 

DH has also been a hero, setting up a new phone and sorting out cables. The phone, router and all sorts of wire type things are in the living room and I have no idea. The phone has been waiting to be sorted for years. DH has completely sorted it out.

In between sniffing like a disapproving aunt, I've been doing lots of writing. Bear didn't have school today so I left him to it. Apparently something something flash cards homework drama instagram. He's on a roll and I'm happy for him.

As part of the writing stuff, I've been dipping in to a few old posts on past blogs, some as long ago as 2008. I've not improved. I'm still failing at housework, bewildered by bear and obsessed with shopping. One thing I realised is that I cook a lot less now. I found loads of recipes and ideas in the old blog. I wonder if I will still be trying to convince myself that I will get sorted out from the same havoc in 2034? I suspect that I will. 

I didn't take a photo today, but I'm not giving up on the idea. Here's a pic that I dug up while I was organising the October stories. I'm quite proud of it.


I mean, it's not brilliant, but it's okay. It was only taken last month. I wonder how autumnal it looks now. 

Writing stuff - I've been sorting through old stories and getting things set up for October. I don't want to just have old stuff, though, so I'm sketching out ideas and seeing what I can come up with that is a little spooky and fun to read. While I was looking, I found a totally non-spooky story and thought I would share it again. It was originally posted in May 2014, but I remember writing it. It's here if you are interested, along with some notes on what I'm up to. And speaking of which, if you want to chip in with ideas about what I can do with the White Hart stories, you can comment on this post

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment