Pages

Friday 3 September 2021

Overall a Fail

 Witch Hazel - thank you soooo much for the hug. Really appreciated.

Today has been meh. I don't know what to call it. 

I called in at Aldi and Tesco for a few bits. Lots of gaps on the shelves. I'm trying to be meticulous in having a 'one out, one in' policy, that is, if I use something like a jar of mustard, I get a replacement straight away instead of just hoping to remember stuff. As it was, I forgot eggs. I normally get those from the farm shop, but I go to the farm shop if I'm coming back past Morrisons and while I should have gone to Morrisons in a way as I have vouchers that expire on Sunday, I couldn't face it. I think I would have saved around 15p, and it would have probably cost more than that in petrol. I'll make sure I use the vouchers when school starts again, as I pick up and drop off bear there. 

The reason I actually needed eggs was because I want to try making chicken cake. I found the video here and it looked interesting. It's chicken, sauteed in spices and then baked in a sort of batter. It looks a little like a form of toad in the hole. As I forgot the eggs, we had a rather disappointing chicken curry type thing. I'll try the chicken cake next week, if I can. 

I'm sort of getting a sort of meal plan. DH likes his pasta bake, and he likes a particular type which neither bear nor I eat. So I make a full pasta bake and he has it Monday and Tuesday. On Monday bear has a huge plate of something like chicken after climbing. I have whatever I can think of (I'll have to start getting creative on that). On Tuesday bear and I have something like beans on baked potatoes or similar. Wednesdays are usually something made with mince. I'm going to try and keep slotting stuff in that works around what we are doing, which will help. 

Anyway I also forgot to take the parcel that I should post. It's not too time sensitive so I can wait until Monday for that. On the way home from Tesco, I suddenly found an urgent need for a loo. I headed for a local park, by Oakwood Hall in Batley. The toilets were, of course, closed and I was glad to make it home in one piece. I must go back there at some point, though. It looked like a nice place to have a walk. On my search for the facilities, I found this sculpture. 


It shows miners at a coal seam. I really need to get better at pictures.

Tonight, when I was making dinner, I managed to break a bottle and have the splinters of glass go all over the runner beans and chillis that I had picked from the garden. I am not inclined to try cooking them, and I am desperately unimpressed. 

On the bright side, bear tells me that he has packed his bag for next week, that his shoes and trainers still fit and that all is good to go for school. If it turns out that it's all going horribly wrong at 7am next Wednesday, I shall let him know that it's his problem. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment