Pages

Sunday 26 September 2021

Random as Ever

Witch Hazel - Thank you!!! I feel seriously and significantly hugged. 

I got lost in all sorts of bits yesterday, so decided that I would save my post for today. I was dotting about doing this and that, then DH and I had a bit of a play making potion bottles. We had a load of ideas from Cooking and Craft Chick on YouTube, and you can print the labels from her links. DH was much better at it than me. 


DH's is the amazing one on the left. Mine is the drab one on the right. The pics don't do them justice. When shaken, you get an amazing swirling sutble glitter effect. Well, in DH's potion at least.

We plan to have another play next weekend. We have shiny paint, glitter, hot glue guns and we are not afraid to have a go at things. 

I settled down to watch the first proper Strictly this year and very much enjoyed it and the surprises. I have finally finished the shawl that I started ages ago, when I was stranded with the car engine light coming on. I'm not giving too much of a close up, nor am I blocking it, as I made a mess of the increases - again.


I then started on another shawl straight away. It's to wear on any Steampunk adventures (if I ever get there). the ball band says 'misc fibres'. They are extremely misc. Three strands of different types of yarn, all of them fiddly to knit. I have used harsh language, but it seems to be knitting up quick. 



Today was also a quiet day. I decided that I'd try and clear the backlog of craft and have a knitting day. I made the mistake of mentioning this to DH. This is why I've got so much writing done.

Tonight we had mince and mash, which bear completely appreciated. It was a proper ribsticking mince, with lots of carrots, onions and peas, nice and thickened and with plenty of mash. Bear and DH mashed it all together with plenty of mustard and hoovered it up. I'm going to have to get another jar of mustard. It will look like I'm stockpiling, but really I just have men who like mustard. 

Mind you, I got the second delivery this weekend, this time from Morrisons. My freezer is now much more functional. I'm surprised I didn't get a raised eyebrow at the amount - two bags of peas, half a dozen boxes of the fake vegan chicken stuff (bear will always eat it and it's on offer), three pots of icecream (the men will definitely help with that), among other things. In fact, it's about a week's worth, possibly a week and a half. I would normally order a lot more, and aim to have a delivery once a month, but I worry about the whole stockpiling thing. Years ago I used to get a delivery once a month and the order reflected that. 

Writing stuff - Witch Hazel - thank you so much for your comment. It means a massive amount. I'm still working out how to go on with some of it, but I'll share as I go.

I've got quite a few plans and ideas, but I'm scared to share them. For example, I've told everyone that I won't be posting much in September as I'm gearing up for a post every day in October. That is why we have a new piece lined up for tomorrow. And, as I mentioned above, I got quite a bit of the overdue fantasy novel done as I told someone my plan to concentrate on knitting. I swear that I need a keeper. 

Anyway, brace for October because hopefully there will be plenty of news 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment