Pages

Wednesday 29 September 2021

Still Driving

I was so lucky to have filled up just before the crisis, and so lucky that I can stick to the school run. I've been very careful to stick to the quickest routes, and I drive an economical car. I've still got half a tank left, so I shouldn't need to queue until next week. I'm hoping things will have died down a little.

Bear is doing drama, that is, there are rehearsals where they stay after school and work on whatever it is that they're doing. It's swings and roundabouts - I don't have to leave the house until nearly five, but it causes havoc when it comes to feeding people as it can be 6.30 when I get home. Still, he's enjoying it, and I'm getting on with my knitting while I wait. It's growing quite well, but the yarn is a devil to knit. 

I'm not even half way through the first 100g ball, and there are four of them! I may not use all the yarn. I think it will do well if I ever manage to make it to a steampunk fair, and it actually feels quite warm and cosy with a little weight to it, so I can see it being warm. 

And speaking of steampunk, I was looking for books about science and steam for around 1900, for background reading. And as I was scrolling through eBay's antiquarian books, I found one from 1982. I feel very old.

Hugs and good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment