Pages

Sunday 5 September 2021

Taking a Risk

I've planned next week's dinners. Normally, if I try something like that, it all goes horribly, horribly wrong. This week, I'm taking a chance. I've made a long list, and, fingers crossed, I'm hoping it will work out.

I've got to fit around bear starting school again on Wednesday, and DH likes pasta bake on Monday and Tuesday which leaves me hanging a little for bear and I but bear doesn't eat a proper dinner on Monday so it's just me then something simple on Tuesday for bear and I. So I pencilled in bendy veg soup for me on Monday, then bear and I will have something like baked potato and beans on Tuesday. Wednesday we are having a lamb casserole as there is lamb in the freezer (reduced for quick sale so snapped it up at the time) and I want to get it used up. I want to make space for the run up to Christmas. Thursday is something easy like the herby veggie sausages from the freezer with mash and gravy, then Friday is a bean casserole. I got the recipe from Tesco, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works out. It should be relatively inexpensive and healthy. Then next weekend I'll finally use up that Salt and Pepper chicken joint. 

I'm using too much convenience food and I want to break away from that. I also want to go for some healthier options. Shopping will be slightly different as I will be dropping bear off and picking up at Morrisons on weekdays, I'll be a stone's throw from Tesco if I go to the park for a walk and I come back via the farm shop and the Co-op. As I'm trying to get braver with driving, the quite scary bypass leads to a massive Asda which has some amazing gluten free stuff, so that's another option. 

Next week I plan to try the chicken cake at some point, and I saw a recipe of a sort of veggie bake in a loaf tin, so I'll see how it goes. I suspect I'm distracting myself from all the writing I need to do. I've also played a load of games on Sporcle and done some knitting. I'm going to settle down after this to going over the White Hart stuff. Then that is off the writing list. 

When I was waiting for the car to cool down, when the engine check light came on, I thought I would have longer to hang around and picked up some yarn and needles from Wilko. I didn't have as long to wait as I thought, but so far it looks like this, and it's quite relaxing to knit. I'm planning on getting on with it, though, as it should be easy enough to finish, and then that will be off the craft list.


I'm getting distracted. It sounds like bear is practising the shot putt with all the thumps and bangs. I daren't ask. He's a teenager. I'll ask tomorrow when it will probably be safe. 

Hugs and good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment