Pages

Wednesday 1 September 2021

Much Quieter

A lovely and boring day. I pottered around a little with some washing and I got a little writing done. I made mince and mash for dinner and the men almost inhaled it. 

I thought I would call in the shops tonight. It was quite depressing. Both Aldi and Tesco had a lot of gaps in their shelves. Bear and DH like the fizzy flavoured water from Tesco (no aspartame) but there wasn't a bottle on the shelf. It was completely bare. 

It did unnerve me. I've got some bits in, of course, and we are well stocked with stuff like herbs and spices. I consciously bought a little less. I bought two bottles of brown sauce, but I had completely run out and I like to have one on the table and one in the cupboard. Thinking about it, perhaps I should have picked up some ketchup as I am running low on that as well. Bear has recently become devoted to mustard. I picked up the last jar of wholegrain on the shelf. I am expecting prices to go up. To be honest, things seem dearer every visit.

On the bright side, DH and I had been discussing some craft projects and I picked up some very inexpensive paints from Aldi. I forgot to pick up NoNails, though, which means I will end up going out tomorrow after all. The bathroom sink looks like it is about to fall off the wall.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment