Pages

Tuesday 31 August 2021

A Little Stressed Today

It could all be a lot worse, and I know it. However the stress is still real. 

It started off waking up tired after another nightmare and not being able to get back to sleep. I would say that I started on the wrong foot. Then I remembered I needed to leave the house before DH started work so I rushed out of the house without my phone charging cable and my knitting.

I didn't really have to. It's just that the way that one of the neighbours has parked means that we have to shuffle the cars a lot and if I left before DH started work then he could move the car before I got back and it would be easier all round.

I could have managed without leaving the house today, but I found that there was a The Works store (not just a store - an outlet!) within a very reasonable distance from my usual Tesco, and I had a craving to visit. I trundled off, found the place without too much trouble, and parked up at 8.45am. The shop is in a Mill Outlet complex which didn't open until 10am. I was unimpressed at myself for not checking and then went to Tesco and had a rather unsatifactory hot chocolate and planned a shopping list. 

After a trundle around Tesco, I went back. It's Batley Mill Outlet, but I only called in at The Works and stuck my head into the garden centre (they didn't have the rat repellant either). I plan to spend some time there one day, but I had plans. I enjoyed my rummage in The Works, though, and I'll be going back for little bits for Christmas later. There was a nice little bench area which I plan to try later.


Then I took a wrong turn out of the centre and got lost. I wasn't really lost lost. I sort of knew where I was, but hadn't been there since my driving lessons. It was unfortunate that I was on an unknown road when the 'Warning, Engine Fault' light came on. I had no idea what to do! What was worse, my phone was losing charge and was at around 11%. I managed to warn DH that I would be longer than planned and got through to Kwik Fit who said that they could fit me in.

I actually stopped for a while at Birstall Retail Park, as I was worrying about the engine overheating. This meant that I killed time wandering around the Range and Wilkinsons. Money was spent, and I wasn't happy about it. I need to get some control. I picked up some more knitting stuff because I thought I would be hanging around for ages and I couldn't read on my phone. I did take a pic of the Christmas stuff in the Range because it's August. It isn't even Halloween. I couldn't believe that they had the unmitigated gall to put up Christmas stuff when it was still the school summer holidays. The pic pretty much finished off my phone.


 Then I trundled off to Kwik Fit. They are very nice to me, especially as I keep turning up with a baffled expression, a warning light and no explanation. I didn't get much knitting done, though, after all. The warning light was to do with the catalytic converter, but once they reset, they couldn't find a problem. It could just be gunked up sensors, which need to have a few runs over 40mph and longer than a few miles to keep clear. I really need to learn the motorway. 

I went back home, but went out later for a run to not only check the car but also try to charge my phone in the car. It's being very temperamental about charging and I am a little worried. I was nearly completely stranded! 

Now I am feeling like a t-shirt that has been in a boil wash and I think I will settle down and be quiet tonight. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment