Pages

Wednesday 25 August 2021

Minty Fresh

The dratted rats are driving me nuts. One of them actually ran across the actual kitchen window while I was washing up. I am not a washing up ninja. I make a lot of noise and the window was open (closed now!). How very dare it!

I splashed some washing up sponges with a generous amount of pure peppermint oil and put them near the (seriously and totally closed) window. I also put one in front of the bird feeder which is unlikely to bother the birds but seemed to deter the rodents. I could see them through the kitchen window ducking around and trying to get to the bird food without going near the peppermint. I wasn't going to take a pic of the state of my garden, so here is a generic pic from Unsplash.


They seemed to be very much put out by the broken bottle that we got from Amazon, so tomorrow I'm going to do the rounds of local garden centres.

I had already been out today, just for some bits in the run up to Bank Holiday, but after seeing the (actually quite cute looking and very sleek) rats, I went out to the Co-op for something alcoholic. 

I'm going to tempt fate, but tomorrow is going to be 'clean up the garden day and cut everything back!' I'll pick up a stiff brush with the rat deterrent and I'll let you know how it goes.

Hugs and good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment