Pages

Sunday 29 August 2021

Temptation

 Col - you obviously did something right! I hope bear turns out as well. I suspect that he appreciates my rather laid back attitude. Most of the time he can out think me and out stubborn me and he can definitely out argue me, so I pick my battles. And our family usually never visit without some sort of little gift, and I'm always looking out for stuff for DH and bear (and them for me!). I think it's just a small way to show affection.

A lot of bear's friends seem to have tiger parents or helicopter parents with lots of stress and pressure about studying. After getting near to a nervous breakdown in primary school about trying to get bear to do homework, I stepped back but told him that I would definitely enforce any punishment the school gave due to missing homework, and that as it was his homework, it was his problem. Apart from the stupid castle that they insisted bear did in history (which I swear was a punishment for parents), I've kept to that. I don't stress over his grades although I will ask a pointed question or two about effort if I think it's necessary. It means that the work is all down to bear, but so is the credit. 

Having said that, we have been negotiating over flash cards today. Bear wanted to get the flash cards for revision done over the summer holidays, but hasn't really applied himself. It was his goal, so I've left him to it with an occasional reminder. I checked with him today, and I'm supposed to be more stringent from now on. He explained what he wanted on some of the physics flash cards. My brain left the room as I nodded and smiled. I swear I got a blue circle as he talked about formulas. 

It's been quite quiet. I've done a little on my latch hook project and I've regrettably got caught up in YouTube videos about how to make bottles that look like they're magic potions. I don't need another craft project. I really don't need another craft project. But it would be sooooo easy to get hooked. The worst thing is, I've found a branch of The Works that is actually incredibly near my favourite branch of Tesco. It is ridiculously easy to get to. And it would have all sorts of paints, glitter, beads and such that would make it easy for me to get carried away. I need to go away and have a long talk with myself.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment