Pages

Monday 16 August 2021

Probably Productive

I didn't get a walk this morning, and I'm regretting it. I had a race around Tesco and picked up some baby clothes for a friend and the mop head I needed. Then I came home very carefully. I drove more carefully than normal because as I reached Tesco carpark I had a red STOP! and oil warning light come on. They didn't come back on during the drive home, but I was extremely worried. I checked the oil once the car cooled down, and I don't think that there's much in there. It looked like there was barely any at all. As I had had a full service at the beginning of July, I was worried. I have the bathroom man coming tomorrow and the boiler service Wednesday, so my poor little car is booked in on Thursday.

I felt very grown up when I checked the oil. Father had shown me how when I was a teenager, and it's part of the test now anyway, but it's the first time I had done it all by myself. It was also nerve wracking as I had just put some birdfood out and the pigeons were getting very stressed about me being there. The wanted peace and quiet. I got quite an avian telling off. At least I wasn't getting it from the sparrows. 

I had an Aldi delivery later on. I ordered some revision books for bear from them and some hangers. Revision books are remarkably inexpensive after the exam season. I should also mention that Yankee Bundles have what look like some very good deals on Christmas candles at the moment. I checked against Amazon prices, but I always double check discount sites anyway. I'm expecting a delivery from them as well. 

The bathroom is looking considerably cleaner now, and I've done quite a bit of writing, and everyone has been fed. I think I would count today as almost productive. Nothing earth shattering has been achieved, but at least some things have. I'll take it. 

Writing stuff - I'm back at the flash fiction and today is a slightly more steampunk flavour, though I think is a good read even if you don't usually bother. It's here

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment: