Pages

Friday 6 August 2021

So Much for Today!

Kelly - The electrician was supposed to sort out the electric switch on the shower, which was one an electrician from the Able group installed. I don't know watt I expected in the current situation, but troubles are amping up. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Poor bear has a mum who does dad jokes. 

Pam - I really should just get on a ladder and sort it out myself, but who wants to risk me on a ladder with my track record? 

Hopefully the shower will get sorted out with a new bathroom.

Last night I made the mistake of telling DH of my plans for today. Of course none of them happened. I'm sure I have a syndrome. But all the household are still alive and have been fed, so I'll take that. I put a punnet of that 'living basil' that you can get from the supermarket into a tub and I'll see how it goes. I was planning on pruning the berries from the honeysuckle. They look lovely and bright, but I'm more likely to get another round of flowers if I cut them off. 

I'm quite surprised I got this pic, as the wind was blowing around like crazy!

Then I saw a bird eating them, so I thought I'd leave them in place. It looked a little like a female blackbird, but I thought they ate insects. I'll keep an eye out. It wasn't a sparrow or a pigeon. 

I even managed to spray the garden with a mix of peppermint tea, washing up liquid and sodium bicarbonate. It's supposed to deter rats, get rid of aphids and sort out the rust on the plants. I hope it doesn't put the birds off the berries. I'll let you know. All gardening suggestions welcome. What I really should do is actually make a bit of effort. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment