Pages

Thursday 5 August 2021

Sort of Sad

It's been a mixed sort of day. I washed out the black wheelie bin which completely needed it! It was missed for one collection so had rubbish sitting in it for a month! So that was a win. I did some pottering, more or less kept on top of the kitchen, and booked someone to come in and quote for a new bathroom. Ours is a disaster! This is an actual 'need a new bathroom before there is a crisis' type purchase. I've been putting that off for ages, so that was a win. I also texted the plumber about getting the boiler serviced, but I haven't had a reply back from that.

On the downside, the electrician that was supposed to sort out our shower is no longer going to peoples' houses and so I'm going to keep on until we get the new bathroom. It should be okay. I hope.

But back on the good side, I split the huge doc of the White Hart into three and hope to get it into three volumes soon. And I got a short story cued up on my writing blog for next Monday, which is the first proper writing I've done in months.

As I got a call from the Opticians cancelling my appointment with them tomorrow, I thought I would pick up the stuff for the weekend this evening and stay in all tomorrow. I also remembered father. I'm not sure how healthy it is, remembering him so often, but it would have been his birthday this month. I called the church where he used to give sweeties to the kids, but they aren't having proper services still. So I went and bought a load of little bags and fun sized bars and left it for the food bank in Tesco. I think that father would approve. 

Hugs and good health to all.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure that electricians can work remotely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The electrician was supposed to sort out your shower? Eek! That could be shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think remembering him a lot is important. I had a much loved Aunt who died (through a mistake at a hospital) a few years ago, and she left an enormous hole in my life. I think of her often. It used to be every day, and it was painful. Then it was everyday, and remembering her made me happy. And now I think of her often, not every day, and it makes me happy to remember her. It's usually prompted because something crops up that I want to share with her, or I think she'd like, or something has reminded me of her. My brother and I talk about her a lot, and I make sure I talk about her to my cousin (her son) and his wife and daughter so they know that she was so very loved abd that we have such fond memories of her. We want to be able to talk about her without talking about the horrible circumstanes of her untimely death.

    ReplyDelete