Pages

Wednesday 11 August 2021

Another Dull Day

I'm being very dull. My girly bits are not being nice, which doesn't help, and I'm feeling exhausted. Bear is being awesome, but settled on the computer game. I feel bad not taking him to climbing. I've booked the car in for a check up tomorrow. I shall be leaving extremely early and taking my knitting to wait until they open, as the only route to the garage involves busy main roads and I'm really worried about something going wrong.

Bear has been cheered up by a 'new to him' shirt arriving in the post. I still go on eBay for all sorts of stuff for him. I pick up most of the out-of-school stuff from eBay, and a lot of it is second hand. He's fine with it, on the whole. He has his preferences, but don't we all?

Pretty soon, bear will be in adult clothing. I shall have to get a tape measure out and start taking his measurements. He doesn't approve when I do that, but, in his view, it's better than going into real shops. We will have to go to the school uniform shop in a week or so, though, as he needs to check the fit of the blazer and also pick up the games kit. I am not looking forward to paying out. He needs special socks, trainers, jogging bottoms, sports tops and sports jacket as well as the new blazer, new tie (current one is in worse state than my dishcloths) plus anything else that I spend on shirts (actually okay at the moment), trousers, shoes and such. The school branded stuff is just so dear! 

I suppose it's boasting. Bear's blazer costs, according to the website, between £53.95 and and £65. The nearest high school to bear's has their blazer priced at £22.99 to £29.99. However bear's school is ranked one of the top state schools in the area, so I suppose they know that the parents will pay to keep their child in that school. 

And that reminds me - I need to check on the current state of his backpack plus contents!

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment