Pages

Friday 27 August 2021

Alarmed

Bear had his alarm go off at 6am this morning. I had had a bad night and was unimpressed at being woken. I waited for him to turn it off. And waited. And waited. And waited. Bear slept happily through a full half hour of extremely loud alarms. I was ready for murder. 

After five minutes I realised that I would never get back to sleep, so I got up and went downstairs. I didn't bother trying to wake bear to get him to turn the alarm off. If he could sleep through the alarm, then the effort of trying to wake him would make both of us grumpy. I decided to stick to just me being fed up.

I could still hear the dratted alarm downstairs. Fortunately DH didn't hear it so at least he got some sleep. And, of course, so did bear. He is now a fully qualified teenager. I'm not looking forward to getting him up for school in a couple of weeks' time. 

Now I am going to have an extremely early night.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. If Bear ever moans at you, about anything, tell him to be grateful he has you as his mum, he could have been born to a wicked witch like me...............
    When my son was a teenager, I found a cold wet facecloth always got him out of bed quickly!
    Seriously though, there is absolutely no way on earth that I would have allowed him to sleep through half an hour of an alarm, I'd have lost my temper about it after five minutes, and he would have been woken up to silence the damn thing!
    Take care. X

    ReplyDelete