Pages

Friday 13 August 2021

Not Too Unlucky

Fifitr - that's what I'm concerned about. I need to get active and then I need to stay active. After years of not doing much, I need to push myself. I'm aiming for small wins, so yesterday was something of a blip. I'm so impressed that you are still going on an iffy ankle.

Today I couldn't move. Well, I could, a little, but I'm very stiff. I forced myself to have a short walk in Batley Park. I really need to get better with the pics.


Then I called in at Aldi and Tesco. I did more steps there, which is a lowering thought. I got home and spotted that there were some runner beans lurking, so I picked some for tomorrow. To be honest, I think some are past their best. They seem to go over so quickly. I'm considering runner bean soup. Even if I don't use them, I'm going to keep picking because I love the flowers and I'm hoping that I'll end up with quite a display. 



Apart from that, I've been tootling around. The tumble dryer hasn't been playing nicely. The filter (not the lint trap) was encrusted. I took it out, had a furtle around and scraped a large handful of fluff out. Now I'm hoping that it will settle down as I am re-washing some clothes that have been stashed in the corner. Slugs have got in! I clean the lint trap every time I use the thing. I think I need to be more pro-active with the filter.

Bear and I sat down and discussed the whole stationery thing. I was firm and told him that he couldn't lose this stuff (he will - I'm just hoping it will take longer). I was tempted to order a multipack of cheap plastic rulers. As it was, by the time I had cued up the stuff on Amazon, I had spent a fortune. Mind you, I did pick up a massive box of black Bic pens. Both bear and I will use them. I had a rummage in Tesco earlier, but was uninspired. I am also interested at where the huge pack of pencils has disappeared to. 

Bear seems to think that his shoes and trainers are still fitting him properly. I am hoping that is still the case in three weeks time!

I don't think that I'll hit the steps target today, but it could be a lot worse.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. My motto is all exercise is good exercise and it's amazing how many steps you take going round a supermarket - having a trolley to lean on helps too. When my dad was alive and living with us, before his Parkinsons and dementia got too bad, we used to go for holidays in France a lot. At home he would barely walk round the garden but he would walk for two or three HOURS round an Auchan supermarket with a trolley to help, buying mugs and magazines and table coverings, looking at canoes (!) and toilet seats and goodness knows what else, as well as the food and drink, and had a wonderful time. He must have done several thousand steps every time we visited one, so it just goes to show how many you can get in.

    My exercising isn't impressive at all, and in the gym I can use the machines and do weights without even having to stand up most of the time, so it's not load-bearing exercise; in the pool I have a floatation belt so I can do aerobics without having even to touch the bottom, so no impact whatsoever. When you're fat it's so liberating to be in the water; I wouldn't miss it if my leg dropped off!

    Having shared an office with several people I firmly believe some of them eat pencils for breakfast! Even allowing for a few taken home, ones that end up in your bag, ones that snap, there's no other explanation for how 100 pencils can disappear in a matter of weeks. I myself used about 2 a year...

    Just keep on walking every chance you get. I take the view a 10 minute walk is better than no walk at all, it doesn't matter if you're not hiking up mountains, it's all good.

    ReplyDelete