Pages

Tuesday 21 September 2021

So Far, So Aaaarghhhhhh

I didn't post yesterday as bear wanted to talk. He was fretting about A levels. He won't even start them for two years. He won't even start picking them until next year. I think the school is heaping stress on the kids. Anyway, we talked for a few hours. I don't know what to do for the best. On the one hand, he's expected to get A, A+ or A+++ across the board (apart from, possibly, English). On the other, I don't want to weigh him down with expectations. Apart from anything else, I think school are doing that already. 

He was talking in the car on the way home (a rarity) and apparently the school assembly was talking about all the different ways that the kids should get involved. 

I think that they're shaking up all sorts at the school. The head teacher left a year or two ago and now there is a whole new behaviour points system and points for this and that and the other. It's very confusing to me. Bear is talking about all the stuff he can get into. I'm nodding, smiling and hoping he doesn't take on too much.

Yesterday I was sorting out more stuff in the kitchen and dining room. Today I had a small play in the garden and cleared some rubbish. This meant that both today and yesterday I went to the tip - but I went on the bypass! This means going on a slip road to join traffic going at speed, and I did it!!! It isn't the motorway, and it was pretty quiet, but I did it! 

I haven't gone on any walks, but I did get a pic of the fuchsia this morning. It was absolutely chock full of bees, but I didn't manage to get any in the pic.


Writing stuff - as I have been working on stuff with the White Hart, I thought I would dip into a short story. Of course, ideas multiplied, but here is a short snippet. 

I have also spent far too much time today trying to convince Amazon that I have the rights to publish the content from the White Hart. At the time of typing, Tales from the White Hart is available in ebook and paperback from Amazon, and Further Tales from the White Hart is available as an ebook from places like Barnes and Noble, but More Tales from the White Hart seems to be impossible to publish anywhere. I'm working on it, and I can always go back to the blog. 

Hugs and good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment