Pages

Wednesday 29 June 2022

Blast from the Past

Sharon - thank you for the compliment about the pic. I wasn't sure if it would work. Bear is definitely in the throes of a growth spurt. The trousers that bear considered far too long at Easter are now creeping up his ankles. I'll buy him new in September when I know how tall he'll be then. And bear is fine about exams, thank goodness.

Eileen - thank you for the comment on the photo. I have been trying to get a good pic of the twisting for a while. The school have ideas about revision and are quite vocal, but I'll tell bear about Bitesize, as I know that isn't a scam or misleading. 

Unknown - thank you. I feel incredibly flattered that you feel I have wit.

Bear had physics and Business Studies exams today. He said that the Business Studies exam was pressured, but he enjoyed the physics exam. When he said that I nodded and smiled and said that I was glad he enjoyed it but inside I was screaming - you enjoyed a physics exam?!?!?!?!

Someone listed as 'Unknown' kindly commented on a post of mine from 13 January 2014 (Online Test). That's eight years ago! I had a look back at the posts around then, and it was a lowering experience. That was the time when father was driving me daft and uncle was in hospital before being transferred to a nursing home. Bear was still in primary school and I could still eat gluten. Back then I was fretting about exactly the same things, except now things are worse. The house is more cluttered, I'm more bewildered and without direction and all the plans to get organised are dust in the wind. 

I've seen Eileen and Sue's posts about setting goals and making plans. I know how bad I am at sticking to plans. But I'm sinking day by day, one way or another, and those posts from the day are a reminder. I need to find a way of keeping motivated and focused. I just don't know how. 

Tonight I'm going to let my mind go into neutral, knit and watch the Sewing Bee Final. I am still full of aches and pains and quite weary after another dreadful night. Tomorrow I can see if I can work out how to keep me going. 


I haven't got anything decent for Jan 2014 in my photo reel, so here is one of my favourites from March 2020.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about the setting goals and sticking to them. I have trouble with that too. I always think it's because I've got so many things floating around my head it's hard to keep track of things. I really struggle with it. I have good intentions and I usually end up getting sidetracked or I get so overwhelmed (silly in the big scheme of things) that I don't even start something. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe just choose one thing to focus on to start with. It doesn't have to be a big thing and you don't need to set a date for completion, but just one that that you can stick to and see through to completion. This was how I got started after suffering from serious depression with a year off work and was suggested by my doctor - little steps soon add up even if you only devote five minutes to it every day. If you can manage that you may find that as you start to see that you are achieving something, no matter how small it may be, you will be encouraged to keep going and as you start to feel better will maybe be able to increase to 10 minutes a day and so on. The important thing with this is to stick to one thing a day and not set yourself up to fail by trying to do too much at one. Sending positive vibes your way xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo of a path towards sunshine and a brighter future, perhaps?
    Goals are tricky things, aren't they? I like what Eileen said about choosing one thing to focus on and it doesn't have to be a big thing. Besides, give yourself credit for the goals you have accomplished - being a published author, a mother to a wonderful young man, a loving wife, learning to drive; I think the list goes on, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete