Pages

Thursday 16 June 2022

Drama Drama

Eileen - I'm somewhat envious that you have seen an original copy of the Magna Carta. It is such a turning point in history! I'm glad you enjoyed the article. I'm considering a few more like that, but I'm not sure. I don't have any qualifications in history, so I don't want to get ahead of myself.

Chris - sitting and watching tennis sounds utterly awesome!

Bear's missing kit remains missing. I'm unimpressed. It looks like it was left in school, as we are also short the backpack and trainers that would have been with the kit if it was at home. I can see me buying next year's games kit early. I mean, the branded jogging bottoms were creeping up bear's legs, and I swear he is growing by the minute, but I hoped to hold out for a little while. I may as well pick up his blazer for next year as well. With lock down, I managed to miss buying a blazer in Yr9, so that was something. I still haven't forgotten what I went through last summer, though, trying to find a dratted blazer that would fit. We are getting in early! I don't mind losing the trainers as they were falling apart and I had already replaced them, but I'm not happy about the backpack either. 

As for the drama costume, well, it's a whole performance in itself. As far as I can tell, different people in the group are getting marked (for the official GCSE) in different things. Bear is getting marked on performance but others are getting marked on things like lighting, make up or costumes. The person in charge of costumes for bear's group has not exactly hit the mark. I don't like to say too much, as I don't want to cast shade on a kid of 15 and I'm not exactly in a position to criticise. I leave things to the last minute all the time. I fail at getting things done. And bear shouldn't be affected by the costume issues. On the other hand, I am not impressed at having to run around yesterday to find grey trousers before the school trousers start really hitting the shops for the start of the next school year. 

I picked bear up at 6.30 today. Tomorrow's pick up is some time between around 3pm and 6.30pm. The weather forecast is that it's going to be the hottest day of the year so far and I'm going to be stuck waiting in a hot car. I plan to take plenty of water and my knitting. It's the day of the big performance so bear is going into school in normal clothes. For bear that is plain black jeans and a plain black t-shirt. He will be in drama rehearsals and marking all day. Poor kid will be shattered by the time he gets home. I plan to pick up ice cream. 

I started knitting some curtains today. I hope that I finish them.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and bear are both super busy! My daughter took part in something called Play Production in high school - which is probably the equivalent of drama as they put on plays and musicals, etc. She loved it, but, I remember going to pick her up after rehearsals at 10:30 p.m. or later, some nights! There would still be homework to do after she got home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be wary of buying the blazer too soon. You'll be staggered to see how fast he just might grow between now and September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time I go to Salisbury Cathedral I'll try to take a photo of the Magna Carta for you ... it's behind glass so not easy to photograph (and may not be permitted at all - I can't remember). Some idiot tried to steal it recently so it was removed from display while the display cabinet was repaired. I think you should definitely think about writing some more of those types of posts. You can always add a disclaimer that you are not a qualified historian, but you are more than capable of writing an interesting and well researched post ... you've already proved that.

    ReplyDelete