Pages

Monday 10 February 2020

I Have Some Work to Do

My lovely, awesome brother has recovered the data from my old laptop and sent it over. Today I downloaded all 1.21gb and now I am going to settle down, review what's there, what I need to keep and better ways to save it. I had it all on the desktop. Awesome brother does things with computers, so is mildly baffled that I have made such a mess of saving stuff, but says he finds much worse when he works on helpdesks. At least I know where the start button is.

I didn't have to drive this morning. Bear's pal's dad took them in (thank you thank you thank you!!!) and the streets were dry in the afternoon, but they looked scoured and I passed a house near us that had sandbags in place. I know there were still flood warnings not far from here. In fact, I took a photo a while back of Kirkstall Abbey and that is in the zone of 'flooding is expected - immediate action required' on the government website


Kirkstall Abbey is by the River Aire and all the rainwater will still be coming down off the headwaters in the hills. Personally, we got off incredibly lightly and I am grateful.

Tomorrow is looking potentially slightly snowy. Bear's pal's dad takes them in on a Tuesday so I only need to worry about the run in the afternoon. I'm sure it will be fine. 

Now I need to get off and sort through all the junk from the old laptop, delete what I need to, reorganise stuff so that I have a chance of finding it again, and generally remind myself of what's available.

Writing stuff - this week's writing challenge is here.

Hugs to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Have been considering whether or not I should be ordering a canoe - one of our roads out of the village has become a lake! Stay safe x
    PS Glad to hear you got your data recovered.

    ReplyDelete