Pages

Sunday 9 February 2020

Scary Weather

Wherethejourneytakesme - I have a bad track record of finishing things, but I am unlikely to make a sweater from it, as bear has claimed it for a blanket. To be honest, I was worrying about washing it anyway, so I'm not too stressed.

I haven't left the house to take pics, but I have seen enough on Facebook. The ring road, my nemesis, is now flooded and closed to traffic. I have to get across there tomorrow for the school run. Also, snow is threatened. I am unenthusiastic.

And I am also grateful that I'm not in the position of the poor people flooded out. It takes months for homes to dry out. And we are nowhere nearly as affected as places like Hebden Bridge and Mytholmroyd. I have driven in some of the places shown in this link to the BBC. It must be heartbreaking. When I visited Hebden bridge a week ago, lots of the little shops had gone, partly because of the effects of the last flood. 

Hugs and good vibes to all, especially to those affected by the storm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment