Pages

Tuesday 4 February 2020

It's Still Only Tuesday!

I have a walloping headache and the grumps. I am somewhat dissatisfied with myself. Although I still have residual smugness from not buying the yarn, it's not lasting.

Today, as I was distracting myself from everything I should be doing, I googled for free hat patterns. I didn't go to my normal places for free patterns, and I'm quite glad. I want to do something for Lent. I am something of a fail as a Christian, and I have the willpower of a kitten with a feather duster, so giving up something is unlikely to be successful, but I thought I could do something. One thing I thought of was perhaps knitting hats or similar for the homeless, which is in line with Matthew 25:36 - I was naked and you clothed me.

I found this (non-Christian) site, Knit for Peace, which sponsors knitters for peace (ie women from divided communities knitting together) and which also sends knitted goods to places where they are needed. There are patterns on there, which seem awesome, suggestions, and even a raffle. I had a quick look and as far as I can tell they are registered and up to date with the Charity Commission, so I thought I would sort out yarn and get started in Lent (26 February this year). I thought it worth sharing. If I ever manage to get anything sent off (at the moment, managing anything seems a distant dream), I'll share.

Writing stuff - my response to this week's writing challenge here

Hugs to all.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! I don't do lent as I'm not a Christian, but that sounds like a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete