Pages

Monday 18 May 2020

A New Problem

I have a cellar kitchen with a window at ground level. I've already sprinkled cinnamon around after spotting a few ants. Today there were hundreds clustered around the kettle. I felt overrun by the segmented buggers. I put down a couple of ant traps outside the window after a harried trip to the garden centre as I daren't put the poison right next to the kitchen sink. On the inside I've left lots of lemon oil and vinegar around, which apparently deters them. The kitchen smells very odd, but I just need to keep it up until the ants' nest is killed.

This was really frustrating as I had had a great start to the day. I had got out early, finished the first round of line editing and even taken some (very limited) exercise. I called into a park on the way back from Tesco, and it was lovely. It was very green and full of all sorts of blossoms.


There is a lot of blossom on the hawthorns this year. The air was full of its scent. I also managed to get a few dog cuddles. Then I came home to make chutney (which I will definitely get to!) and when I picked up the jars I noticed hundreds of six legged mini beasts that probably didn't wipe their feet before they came in.

I still managed to make dinner but I'm seriously freaked out.

Writing stuff - this week's challenge is here, all welcome.

Hugs and good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment