Pages

Sunday 3 May 2020

High Gravity Continues

Helen - thank you. I think I've cooked rice in a similar way. I'm just lazy and like setting it off and forgetting.

Today has been another of those days. I mean, it hasn't been so bad. But it could have been better. I've dropped a lot of things. The burgers I took out to defrost didn't and I couldn't even pry them apart, and the wrapper said not to cook from frozen (though suitable for freezing). And the men decided that they weren't that hungry anyway so could they have something different and I completely ran out of ideas. They had sandwiches.

Also bear made a chocolate cake. I handed him things and got out stuff, but he actually did it all. He lined the tin, weighed out ingredients, used the electric mixer and was generally awesome. It was a chocolate loaf cake from here except I didn't have chocolate chips and I had to substitute drinking chocolate for cocoa.

On the bright side, the ironing pile is slightly smaller and the kitchen, while still chaotic, is not as bad as it was. Also the area where the weedkiller hit is now looking seriously affected, which is great in one way but I need to get out and do the rest and it stinks!

Tonight I need to settle down and make a long list for shopping tomorrow. I have to spend some time making decisions. Morrisons are advertising half price steaks, and DH definitely deserves one, but I want some stuff that only Tesco sells and but I think I have a better bet getting the gluten free stuff from Sainsburys. I also want to support farmers with farm shops, so that is another stop I would consider, and I could do with some bits from Aldi as well. Also, my car isn't that big. I can only pack so much in it. I don't want to make unnecessary journeys, well, I do but I won't, and I don't want to keep popping out.

Hugs and good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment