Pages

Thursday 28 May 2020

Worked it Out

They've changed the format of the blog thingy and it's taken me until now to work out how to post.

Yesterday was a video conference between bear and the physio. It wasn't hugely successful. Bear didn't feel 'heard' and when that sets in, it's really tough to get back. 

Today we did a little in the garden (which still looks like an area under special measures) and we will probably do some more tomorrow.

I popped out for some necessary bits and on the way home went past my first mobile speed camera. I was wondering what the knot of police were doing on the side of the road and then realised that I was going past a policeman holding a speed gun pointing at the car after me and standing with an air of purpose. I think I was around about the speed limit. It was in the 30mph zone, and I was being bugged by someone so far up my exhaust they could check my dipstick. I was probably doing between 29mph and 31mph. I suppose I will find out if I was speeding if I get a letter in the post. 

I drive up to the speed limit. When I was learning, I was so scared about going at speed that I forced myself to keep up. You can fail your driving test for going to slow. I'm still not comfortable much above 40mph, but I usually keep the needle around the speed limit, conditions permitting. That being said, there have been so many cars speeding around me that even if I do get a ticket, I'm still glad that they are cracking down. There were two instances today when I was genuinely scared by the speed cars were overtaking me. 

Writing stuff - I finally wrote a piece for the writing challenge, which is here. I hope the link works. I'm still figuring out the new layout.

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry the video conference didn't go too well. I hope things will get sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do try to keep within speed limits, but usually find myself a tad over, unless I'm in built up areas, then I am very careful. As I do lots of motorway driving I tootle along quite happily at 70mph (and yes sometimes above), if I didn't I would spend even more of my life on the road.

    I hate that feeling of not being 'heard' it's so frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete