Pages

Saturday 16 May 2020

More Driving!

Wherethejourneytakesme - thank you. I think if we have a name, we are on the start and that is something.

Today I drove to B&Q because we need some gorilla tape in a hurry. The queues were long. I sort of hoped to get bear a whopper from Burger King who were on the same mini trading estate, but the queue was obscene, so I promised bear that I would get one for him but not on a lunch time on Saturday.

Then I was trying to find somewhere that sold ant traps. I spotted quite a few ants on my kitchen windowsill. I sort of expected it, as they have been in before and the garden is awash with them. I suspect that the window isn't sealed properly, which doesn't help, but there weren't any ant traps in Tesco on Thursday when I looked. They were staying on the windowsill when I saw them, but there were a lot of them. I want to put ant bait traps outside the window (it's a cellar kitchen so the window is at ground level) because the window is next to the sink, with all the implications of poison if I dash too many chemicals around.

I remember reading that ants get confused by cinnamon because it affects there something or other (I'm not exactly sure). I sprinkled the sill lavishly and retreated. When I came back there weren't any on the windowsill although a few were wandering up and down the side of the window. I'm not sure whether the cinnamon affected their thingies or they retreated from the mad woman throwing spices around, but they were definitely fewer. As the oils that give the cinnamon their strength evaporate, I'm going to have to put more powder down. My kitchen is going to be incredibly aromatic.

The quest for ant traps meant that I needed to go out again so I went to Sainsburys. The ring road is full of road works. There are cones everywhere. The diversion for B&Q took me all the way around the roundabout, which was unnerving. I found the driving really stressful.

This is worrying. I'm avoiding routes I used to take without hesitation. I'm feeling nervous about routine runs. I'm planning another drive tomorrow, but I'll just run around some familiar routes. I may need to start using P plates again, as I'm not a confident driver.

Hugs and good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment